Kevin Spacey sued by Star Trek’s Anthony Rapp for alleged sexual offence at 14
A lawsuit has been filed by two men who accused Kevin Spacey of assaulting them when they were minors. The case comes three years after Anthony Rapp originally came forward
Kevin Spacey is being sued by actor Anthony Rapp and another man after he allegedly assaulted them when they were minors.
The 61-year-old House of Cards actor was initially accused of the ‘sexual offence’ by Rapp in 2017, which has led to others speaking out in recent years.
On Wednesday, the two men filed a lawsuit against Spacey in New York claiming they had been ‘assaulted’ by the actor in the 1980s.
According to the legal document obtained by Mirror Online, Spacey is facing two allegations of assault, two allegations of battery and two allegations of infliction of emotional distress.
The document, filed in a US court, also claims the ‘aforesaid abuse constituted a sexual offense.’
Rapp, known for his work on Star Trek: Discovery, claimed that Spacey invited him to a party in 1986 when he was 14.
At the party, Anthony alleged that Spacey “engaged in an unwanted sexual advance” by grabbing his buttocks before Anthony left the gathering “fearing for his safety.”
The second plaintiff was only identified as CD and claimed that he was invited by Spacey to his apartment when he was a teenager and engaged in sexual acts on multiple occasions.
The lawsuit also claims that Spacey attempted to sexually assault the man on his final visit to the apartment, when he was also 14.
Spacey is also said to have ignored the boy’s “verbal and physical resistance”.
The legal document also states that this constituted “attempted rape and a sexual offence.”
The men are suing the actor for unspecified damages.
The lawyer representing both plaintiffs said in a statement: “This lawsuit sends a strong message that no matter how wealthy, powerful or famous you may be you are not above the law.
“Our clients are looking forward to their day in court and to obtaining justice.”
The MirrorOnline has contacted Kevin Spacey’s lawyer for comment.
Kevin, known for his work in movies such as The Usual Suspects, has retreated from the public eye since the accusations came to light a few years ago.
In 2017, Anthony told BuzzFeed of his alleged ordeal with the actor 12 years his senior.
“My stomach churns,” Rapp told the publication. “I still to this day can’t wrap my head around so many aspects of it. It’s just deeply confusing to me.”
Kevin responded to the allegations on Twitter by admitting he was “horrified” and didn’t remember the encounter, alongside an apology.
Kevin wrote: “if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.”
Spacey has faced other legal challenges since Rapp came forward in 2017.
In July 2019, prosecutors dropped a case against Spacey after the accuser refused to testify.
In October of that year, LA prosecutors rejected a case of sexual battery against Kevin Spacey because the accuser died.